40 Book Challenge
- Reading practice is just as important to learning to read well as practicing a sport is to playing well.
- It is important that students practice reading with books that they ENJOY!
- Students will get to choose their own independent reading books, on their reading level, for Reading Workshop.
- During Reader's Workshop, students will set goals at our weekly conferences.
- After reading at school and at home, students will complete a response to literature. These will vary throughout the year based on the needs of each student.
- Students will keep a Reader's Notebook to set goals and keep track of their reading progress.
- Our independent reading goal will be 40 books. Our class reading goal will be 560 books!